Ready to get the new year off to a healthy start? Join the S3 community for our CROS3FIT Nutrition Challenge for motivation, support, resources, results, and a chance to win prizes!
Please attend the informational meeting at Crossfit S3 on Saturday, January 6th, 2018 from 11am-noon (if you are unable to attend, email Becky for a challenge information packet). Coach Stewart and Coach Rachel will be going over all the details then! Bring your smartphones and/or laptops to set up the My Fitness Pal application together.
January 8th - March 4th (that's 8 weeks!!)
This will be an eight-week long challenge, the reason being that we want to encourage new habits and consistency - not just a four-week quick fix. This challenge is a chance for folks to “reset” after all of the holiday fun, but also make longer term lifestyle changes. Nutrition is a critical component of health and results in the gym. No matter how hard you try, you cannot out-train a bad diet. This is not simply a weight loss challenge. It is for anyone looking to see positive changes in their performance, energy levels, mood, body fat percentage, and biomarkers, amongst many other things.
Participants are encouraged to track their food intake using My Fitness Pal (coaches will explain how to set up, customize macros, and use the app at the informational meeting on January 6th). Individuals will be required to track daily points and submit their weekly point totals on Monday mornings (form to be provided for the submission). Winners will receive cash prizes and will be determined by overall highest points earned (both male and female) as well as a coach's choice winner based on coach evaluation of participation, effort, and results. The rules are simple: no sugar, artificial sweeteners, or alcohol. Stevia, maple syrup, honey and agave are allowed.
Points will be calculated as follows:
1. Daily point system (50% of total)
- +5 per day for following rules (35 total available/week)
- +1 per day workout (6 total available/week) OR +1 per active recovery/mobility/rest day (2 available/week) Example: If you work out 4 days in a week and rest 3 days, you would get a total of 6 points. If you work out 5 days and rest 2 days, you would get a total of 7 points. If you work out 3 days and rest 4 days, you would get a total of 5 points, etc.
- +2 per day for participation in FB/MFP (14 total available/week)
- -2 for each “forbidden” item consumed (i.e. 1 beer is -2, 2 cookies is -4, etc)
2. Inbody scan results (50% of total)
- +1 point for each % of body fat lost
- +1 point for each % of muscle gained
Ready to join the challenge? Sign up here!